1. Product Description: BioShield Solvent Free Wall Paint is an antistatic, breathable, long-lasting paint for indoor walls and ceilings. It dries to a matte finish and is washable to DIN53778.
- Specifications: BioShield Solvent Free Wall Paint is good for covering dry, absorbent, grease-free surfaces such as wallpaper, wood, plaster and most common mineral and drywall or over previously painted surfaces. Our Wall Paint does not contain acrylic copolymers, formaldehyde, ammonia, ethylene glycol, solvents or toxic heavy metals.
- Properties: BioShield Solvent Free Wall Paint has exceptional breathability and absorbs variations in humidity. The paint covers fully while still wet and is low-drip. Thanks to its high proportion of solids and strong pigmentation the paint covers exceptionally well.
- Surface Preparation: Loose particles of old paints must be removed with a brush, a scraper or sand paper. Cracks should be patched with a spackling compound. Mold and fungus must be permanently removed before application. Sandy/powdery surfaces must first be stabilized with BioShield Wall Glaze #15. Stains that may show through the paint (such as water, nicotine etc.) must first be treated with an Isolating Primer (Stain Blocker.) Very smooth, non-absorbent surfaces must be sanded. Clay plaster and other highly absorbent surfaces should be moistened (misted with water) before the application of BioShield Solvent Free Wall Paint.
- Application: Stir before use. Apply the paint with a roller or brush in a thin, even coat. Spread the paint evenly in all directions. Standard procedure is to apply two coats, the first one being the priming coat. Best applied at temperatures between 50-70 degrees F (10-20o C) and normal moisture conditions in order to ensure proper curing of the paint.
IMPORTANT: Allow each coat to dry 6-12 hours before the next coat is applied. Due to small color variations never start a new container of paint in the middle of a wall. When using several cans of the same color paint for a single job, boxing paint ensures color consistency. Boxing is done by mixing all the paint of one color that you will be using into one large container.
- Safety Precautions: Avoid contact with mucous membranes (eyes, nose and mouth.) Use adequate work clothes, paint may stain fabrics (clothes) permanently.
- Coverage: One Gallon will cover 300 square feet at an average on new wallboard. Textured and highly absorbent surfaces may need more paint material.
- Drying Time: The paint can be painted over after 6-12 hours, depending on room temperature and relative humidity. The paint is fully cured after approximately 10 days.
- Cleanup & Storage: Clean brushes, rollers and trays with mild soap and warm water before the paint dries. Unused contents should be kept in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze. In case of spillage, use absorbent material such as sand or cat litter. Dispose of such material and other excess by drying the contents out and in accordance with local, state and federal ordinances.
It is important to clean rollers, brushes and tools using warm soapy water immediately after use. The term washable refers to the durability of the paint and its resistance to abrasion. It is often possible to remove surface marks using a pencil eraser or very fine emery paper (test on a small area first).
- Ingredients: Water, Chalk, Asbestos-Free Talcum, Titanium Dioxide, Polyphosphate (a water softener), Cellulose, Alcohol Ester, Sodium Hydroxide, and Preservative. Zero VOC
- Color: Solvent Free Wall Paint can be tinted with BioShield pigments. Up to 8% by Volume Percent pigment may be added.
- Disposal: After being allowed to dry, BioShield Solvent Free Wall Paint can be disposed of by normal waste disposal methods. Please respect your local ordinances.
Item #18 - 0.48 Liter (One Pint) - 3.80 Liter (One Gallon) - 19.00 Liter (Five Gallons)
DO NOT FREEZE - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Disclaimer: BioShield products are guaranteed to give satisfactory performance only if used as recommended. Liability shall be limited to refund of purchase price or the replacement of a defective product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied.