- Product Description: BioShield Clay Paint is an antistatic, breathable, long-lasting paint for indoor walls and ceilings. It dries to a matte finish and is washable to DIN53778 *.
- Specifications: BioShield Clay Paint is good for covering dry, absorbent, grease-free surfaces such as firmly hung wallpaper, wood, clay plaster and most common mineral and Drywall and over previously painted surfaces. The Clay Paint does not contain acrylic copolymers, formaldehyde, ammonia, ethylene glycol, solvents or toxic heavy metals.
- Properties: BioShield Clay Paint has exceptional breathability and absorbs variations in humidity. It does not build up static and covers fully while still wet and is virtually non-drip. Thanks to its high proportion of solids and strong pigmentation the paint covers exceptionally well.
- Surface Preparation: Loose particles of old paints must be removed with a brush, a scraper or sand paper. Cracks should be patched with a spackling compound. Mold and fungus must be permanently removed before application. Sandy/powdery surfaces must first be stabilized with BioShield Wall Glaze #15. Stains that may show through the paint (such as water, nicotine etc.) must first be treated with an Isolating Primer (Stain Blocker.) For best adhesion it is good painting practice to sand (no finer than #100) old paint surfaces. Clay plaster and other highly absorbent surfaces should be moistened (misted with water) before the application of BioShield Clay Paint.
- Application: Stir before use. Apply the paint with a roller or brush in a thin, even coat. Spread the paint evenly in all directions. Standard procedure is to apply two coats, the first one being the priming coat. This first coat may be diluted with up to 10% pure water and the finish coat is to be applied full-strength. In some cases where the first coat is diluted two coats may not be sufficient to cover. Best applied at temperatures between 50-70 degrees F (10-20o C) and normal moisture conditions in order to ensure proper curing of the paint.
IMPORTANT: Allow each coat to dry 6-12 hours before the next coat is applied. Due to small color variations never start a new container of paint in the middle of a wall. When using several cans of the same color paint for a single job, boxing paint ensures color consistency. Boxing is done by mixing all the paint of one color that you will be using into one large container.
- Safety Precautions: Safety Precautions: Avoid contact with mucous membranes (eyes, nose and mouth.) Use adequate work clothes, paint may stain fabrics (clothes) permanently.
- Coverage: One Gallon will cover approximately 300 square feet on new wallboard. Textured and highly absorbent surfaces may need considerably more paint material.
- Drying Time: The paint can be painted over after 6-12 hours, depending on room temperature and relative humidity. The paint is fully cured after approximately 10 days.
- Cleanup & Storage: Clean brushes, rollers and trays with mild soap and warm water before the paint dries. Unused contents should be kept in a well-sealed container in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze. In case of spillage, use absorbent material such as sand or cat litter. Dispose of such material and other excess by drying the contents out and in accordance with local, state and federal ordinances.
- Ingredients: Water, Clay, Porcelain Clay, Chalk, Alcohol Ester, Cellulose, Pigments, Preservative. Zero VOC.
- Color: Clay Paint can be tinted with BioShield pigments. Up to 8% Vol. % pigment may be added.
- Disposal: After being allowed to dry, BioShield Clay Paint can be disposed of by normal waste disposal methods. Please respect your local ordinances.
- Product Number and Container Sizes:
Product #12 - 0.10 Liter (Three Fl. Oz.) - 0.48 Liter (One Pint) – 0.96 Liter (One Quart) - 3.80 Liter (One Gallon) - 19.00 Liter (Five Gallons)
DO NOT FREEZE KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Disclaimer: BioShield products are guaranteed to give satisfactory performance only if used as recommended. Liability shall be limited to refund of purchase price or the replacement of a defective product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied.