- Product Description: BioShield Hard Oil #9 is a low-VOC deeply penetrating finish primarily suitable for wood floors and other mechanically used wood surfaces. We especially recommend it in high-moisture and high traffic areas such as baths and kitchens. Hard Oil being one of our most durable oils, it is suitable for hardwood and softwood floors.
- Specifications: Hard Oil is a wood penetrating and supporting finish which provides a clear to slightly amber breathable and elastic saturation with superior water-resistance. It will enhance the grain of the wood and is an economical product because of its high coverage characteristics.
- Application: Stir well before use. Hard Oil #9 can be applied by brush or spray. All surfaces must be sanded (no finer than #100) and have to be absorbent and free from contaminants such as oil, grease or wax. The maximum moisture content for softwoods must not exceed 18 percent and 12 percent moisture for hardwoods should not be exceeded. Very resinous woods such as teak must be cleaned with BioShield Citrus Thinner, and other exotic woods should be wiped with an alcohol thinner (ethanol).
Apply the oil sparingly in a thin, even coat. Two-to three coats are recommended for new wood surfaces and one-to-two coats when restoring a surface. After each application all excess must be wiped from the surface after approximately 15-25 minutes with a soft, lint-free absorbent cotton cloth.
Best results are obtained by applying this product with a professional quality natural bristle brush. Light sanding between coats will improve the surface and remove small irregularities and particles. Recoat after 12-24 hours.
If a waxed surface is desired, use BioShield Floor & Furniture Hardwax #32, or Wax Finish #39. This may be applied after the 24 hour dry time of the Hard Oil. Drying times may vary due to application method, surface porosity, and climate. So make sure that the surface is dry (and no longer sticky) before applying any wax product.
Most woods should be sanded no finer than #100 sandpaper. Finer sanding and smoothly planed surfaces will reduce oil penetration. When sanding, move in the direction of the grain to prevent scratches which otherwise may show through the finish.
- Safety Precautions: Provide for adequate ventilation while working with the product and during the drying time.
Oil-soaked rags are self-combustible and must be soaked in water and discarded wet in a water-holding container or bag. Keep away from open flame. Keep out of reach of children.
- Coverage: Depending on absorbency of surface 100-150 square feet per liter.
Drying Time: 12-24 hours between coats, depending on climate, temperature and humidity. Product is fully cured after two to three weeks. During this curing time it is recommended to only clean the surface with a dry mop and not a wet mop.
Cleanup & Storage: Use BioShield Citrus Thinner #23 for spot clean-up and for cleaning brushes and tools. Unused contents should be kept in a well-sealed container in a cool, dry place. Do not store near heat or open flame. In case of spillage, use absorbent material such as sand or cat litter. Dispose of such material and other excess by drying the contents out and in accordance with local, state and federal ordinances.
Ingredients: Linseed Oil, Tung Oil, Colophonium Resin, Castor Stand Oil, Isoaliphatics, Lead-free dryers (Zircon Octoat, Cobalt Octoat), and Oximes (Anti-skinning Agent.) VOC is less than 250 Grams per Liter.
Product must not be thinned any further .
Color: Clear to lightly amber. While enhancing the grain of the wood most natural oils will slightly deepen the color of the wood.
- Care & Maintenance: Use BioShield Floor Soap #58 and, if a waxed surface is desired, Floor Milk #59 or Wax Finish #39 for regular cleaning and care. Use water only sparingly, and clean with a lightly moistened mop.
Item #9 - 0.10 Liter (3.4 Fl. Oz.) - 0.75 Liter (25.36 Fl. Oz.) - 2.50 Liter (84.44 Fl. Oz.)
Disclaimer: BioShield products are guaranteed to give satisfactory performance only if used as recommended. Liability shall be limited to refund of purchase price or the replacement of a defective product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied.