- Product Description: BioShield Floor Oil #8 is a Zero-VOC penetrating oil finish for wood floors, butcher block, wooden counter tops and other mechanically used wood surfaces. We especially recommend it in high-moisture and high traffic areas such as baths and kitchens. Floor Oil #8 is the most durable oils in the BioShield line, and it is suitable for hardwood and softwood floors.
- Specifications: Floor Oil is a wood penetrating and supporting finish which provides a clear to slightly amber breathable and elastic saturation with superior water-resistance. It will enhance the grain of the wood and is a economical to use because of its high coverage characteristics. (Coverage is about twice the coverage of most competitive types of Floor Oils & Finishes.)
- Application: Stir well before use. Floor Oil #8 can be applied by brush, machine pad (green or equivalent), or trowel. All surfaces must be sanded (no finer than #100) and have to be absorbent and free from contaminants such as oil, grease or wax. The maximum moisture content for softwoods must not exceed 18 percent and 12 percent moisture for hardwoods should not be exceeded. Very resinous woods such as teak must be cleaned with BioShield Citrus Thinner, and other exotic woods should be wiped with an alcohol thinner (ethanol).
Apply the Floor Oil to an absorbent wood surface in a thin, even coat. A trowel or large drywall spatula (attach a broom stick to it with two hose clamps and save your knees!) Us a green pad and work waste-free by making the wood surfaces absorb all oil.
Two coats are recommended for new wood surfaces and one coat when restoring a surface. After each application all excess must be wiped from the surface after approximately 15-25 minutes with a soft, lint-free absorbent cotton cloth.
Light sanding between coats (after the 24 hour drying time) will improve the surface and remove small irregularities and particles. Recoat after 24 hours.
If a waxed surface is desired, use BioShield Floor & Furniture Hardwax #32, or Wax Finish #39. This may be applied after the 24 hour dry time of the Floor Oil. Drying times may vary due to application method, surface porosity, and climate. So make sure that the surface is dry before applying any wax product.
Most woods should be sanded no finer than #100 sandpaper. Finer sanding and smoothly planed surfaces will reduce oil penetration. When sanding, move in the direction of the grain to prevent scratches which otherwise may show through the finish.
4. Safety Precautions: Provide for adequate ventilation while working with the product and during the drying time.
Oil-soaked rags are self-combustible and must be soaked in water and discarded wet in a water-holding container or bag. Keep away from open flame. Keep out of reach of children.
- Coverage: Depending on absorbency of surface 250-300 square feet per liter.
- Drying Time: 24 hours between coats, depending on climate, temperature and humidity. Product is fully cured after two to three weeks. During this curing time it is recommended to only clean the surface with a dry mop and not a wet mop.
- Cleanup & Storage: Use BioShield Citrus Thinner #23 for spot clean-up and for cleaning brushes and tools. Unused contents should be kept in a well-sealed container in a cool, dry place. Do not store near heat or open flame. In case of spillage, use absorbent material such as sand or cat litter. Dispose of such material and other excess by drying the contents out and in accordance with local, state and federal ordinances.
- Ingredients: Linseed Oil, Tung Oil, Linseed Stand Oil, Silicic Acid, Beeswax, Candelilla wax, Lead-Free Dryer (Zircon Octoat, Cobalt Octoat) VOC is less than 15 Grams per Liter.
- Color: Clear to lightly amber. While enhancing the grain of the wood most natural oils will slightly deepen the color of the wood.
- Care & Maintenance: Use BioShield Floor Soap #58 and, if a waxed surface is desired, Floor Milk #59 or Wax Finish #39 for regular cleaning and care. Use water only sparingly, and clean with a lightly moistened mop.
- Product Number and Container Sizes:
Product #8 - 0.10 Liter (3.4 Fl. Oz.) - 0.75 Liter (25.36 Fl. Oz.) - 2.50 Liter (84.44 Fl. Oz.)
Disclaimer: BioShield products are guaranteed to give satisfactory performance only if used as recommended. Liability shall be limited to refund of purchase price or the replacement of a defective product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied.