- Product Description: BioShield Resin & Oil Finish is stain and finish in one. It has exceptional coverage, and will reveal and enhance the natural attributes of surfaces made of wood, stone, and clay. It will colorize and preserve interior and exterior architectural woodwork such as doors and windows. It is appropriate for large details such as porches, floors, wood siding, greenhouses, and log homes. You may also want to consider it for rejuvenating exterior woods that have been bleached and grayed by the sun. Resin & Oil Stain Finish will provide UV protection (with the exception of #3-00 Clear), and build an elastic, water-resistant finish that will weather well. It can be used to help preserve garden accessories, and will also perform well on masonry such as cement floors, stone tiles, clay pots, and the like. Use it on your decorative objects and for antiquing furniture. It dries to a low eggshell sheen.
2. Specifications: For exterior applications use one coat of BioShield #5 Penetrating Oil Sealer (diluted with 20% Citrus Thinner #23) before using our Resin & Oil Stain Finish. For darker staining do not prime. For interior applications, priming with BioShield #5 Penetrating Oil Sealer is also optional and will result in a more even color distribution on some woods. Flooring and other surfaces exposed to high traffic must be finished with BioShield Hardwax #32 or Wax Finish #39 for adequate protection.
3. Application: Stir well before use. Resin & Oil Stain Finish is best applied with a good quality brush. Surfaces should be sound, dust free, and free of contaminants such as mildew, oil, wax, adhesives, prior coatings and grease.
The maximum moisture content for softwoods should not exceed 18 percent and for hardwoods should not exceed 12 percent moisture. Very resinous woods such as teak must be cleaned with BioShield Citrus Thinner, and other exotic woods should be wiped with an alcohol thinner (ethanol).
Most woods should be sanded no finer than #100 sandpaper. Finer sanded and smoothly planed surfaces will inhibit oil penetration. When sanding, move in the direction of the grain to prevent scratches.
4. Coverage: Depending on the surface absorbency and product color, Resin & Oil Stain Finish will cover approximately 100 to 150 square feet per liter.
5. Drying time: Depending on the climatic conditions, six to twelve hours for the first coat and 12 to 24 hours for each additional coat. Product is fully cured after two to three weeks.
6. Cleanup: Use BioShield Citrus Thinner for cleaning spots and brushes. Unused contents should be kept in a well-sealed container in a cool, dry place. Do not store near heat or open flame. In case of spillage, use absorbent material such as sand or cat litter. Dispose of such material and other excess by drying the contents out and in accordance with local, state and federal ordinances.
- Safety Precautions: Provide for adequate ventilation while working with the product and during the drying time.
Ingredients: Isoaliphatics, Soy Alkyd Resin, Wax, Bentonite (Volcanic Clay), Iron Oxide Pigments, Lead-free Dryers (Zircon, Cobalt Octoat), and Oximes (anti-skinning agent).
- Because of VOC regulations this product is not available in CA, CT, DE, MA, NJ, NY, PA, MD, VA in container sizes larger than One Quart.
Item #03 - 0.10 Liter (3.40 Fl. Oz.) - 0.75 Liter (25.36 Fl. Oz.) - 2.50 Liters (84.44 Fl. Oz.) $Disclaimer: BioShield products are guaranteed to give satisfactory performance only if used as recommended. Liability shall be limited to refund of purchase price or the replacement of a defective product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied.
Oil-soaked rags are self-combustible and must be soaked in water and discarded wet in a water holding container or bag. Keep away from open flame. Keep out of reach of children.